Nomadix, SPC is a travel, outdoor and active lifestyle company that makes versatile, high-performance products that serve maximum utility, with minimum impact on the environment. As a Washington State Social Purpose Corporation, Nomadix, SPC works on a triple-bottom-line, making decisions that factor in the benefit of the environment, its employees and customers, and its financial profits.
Under RCW 23B.03.010 Nomadix SPC can write into its bylaws social purposes that come before profits, in a manner intended to “promote positive short-term or long-term effects of, or minimize adverse short-term or long-term effects of, the corporation’s activities” with respect to employees, suppliers, customers, the community, and the environment.
This includes, but is not limited to, the commitment to the following values:
- Manufacture products with certified post-consumer recycled materials in the highest concentration possible, whenever possible
- Minimize the impact of manufacturing on local environments, including by avoiding dyes that will create harmful wastewater.
- Environmental responsibility in the office and at events, minimizing the use of paper, following a reduce/reuse/recycle program, and continually monitoring our business practices for improvement opportunities as resources change
- Seeking suppliers of products and services who support and practice principles of sustainability
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working schedules for employees
2019 Annual Report
- Nomadix repurposed an estimated 1,200,000 bottles into towels, festival blankets or ponchos in 2019
- Nomadix materials MicroTerry and MicroSuede were certified by independent laboratories, resulting in 85% recycled material in MicroTerry and 100% recycled material in MicroSuede.
- Consolidated manufacturing process to reduce the environmental impact of shipping
- Increased the recycled content in the original Nomadix Towel by 8%
- Nomadix became a 1% for the Planet member in 2019, contributing 1% of its sales to environmental causes.
- Started offering employee health insurance in October 2019
- Nomadix offices became dog-friendly in June 2019
2020 and Beyond
- Nomadix intends to extend employee benefit options to include 401k contribution matching and healthy lifestyle incentives
- Nomadix seeks to make additional product lines 100% recycled and recyclable by 2022
- Constantly test different material blends to find 100% recycled solutions